Monday, August 11, 2014

Beach House Georgia Coastal Cottage Painting "Tybee Island Cottage" by Georgia Artist Deanna Jaugstetter


This new series of architectural oil paintings of small cottages has transported me back to my old neighborhood in the mountains of North Carolina! "Tybee Island Cottage II" is painted from subject matter a five minute walk from the beaches near Savannah, Georgia. Although the typography is so different on the coast than in the mountains, the building styles share the same characteristics. There is almost always a porch for sittin and sometimes spittin! My grandfather dipped snuff while sitting in his rocker on the front porch of their home in the North Carolina mountains! I would swing on the porch swing and listen to the gossip! 

 8"x10" Oil Painting on Canvas/Available

 $230.00

 Click HERE to purchase.

 To view more of my work,visit http://DeannaJaugstetter.com 

                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment