Sunday, May 10, 2015

Contemporary Abstract Landscape Painting "Covert" by Contemporary Realism Artist Carol A. McIntyre



"Covert" started out as a painting where I wanted to experiment with texture and lots of layers.
 I did not know how it would develop, nor did I know if it would be successful or not. I had never created the first layers of a painting with intense colors with the intent to ultimately cover  or layer over these first few colorful layers.

It is not easy for me - and most painters - to create and image and then essentially apply layers that almost obliterate the our first efforts. Looking at the image below, you can see what I mean.

Isn't interesting to compare this base image with the final painting? As you can see, I also changed the painting to a vertical.
Here is another intermediate step in the painting process.



20"x16"x1.5" Oil on Panel/Available

Click HERE for pricing.

Click HERE for a virtual tour of Carol's Colorado studio.

Click HERE to view a video of the progression of a commissioned painting.

Click HERE  to purchase Carol's Book:



"PAINTING MY PASSION: AN ARTIST'S JOURNEY WITH THE WOMEN OF THE WEST"


View more of my work at http://carolamcintyre.com







No comments:

Post a Comment