Monday, September 11, 2017

Expanding & Exploring With Cecelia Rappaport



One of my many art mentor’s uses the grid technique when teaching how to precisely copy one of the Masters’ great works.
Cheryl smiled watching me as I strained my eyes to copy the lines accurately to my canvas.  


“You can be iffy with a light hand and then, come in with a strong line making a commitment,” she said.
“If you don't do this, you will be lost in the painting as the lines will get confusing when you are ready to paint.”

Eureka!  Was she talking to me? The one who throughout her life has changed her mind much like a chameleon changes its colors. 
Does she know how many times I have moved? Changed my mind with what I am going to wear to sleep, let alone exercise at the gym? How many times I have rearranged furniture? Is she talking to me? Is she telling me my goals in life may get confusing and lost if I write them with a light hand.  Make a commitment, Cecelia, draw a darker, straighter line!!!

Oh, I started to daydream. What about all those goals I wrote down many, many years ago??

Maybe it was time to take them down off the shelf, dust them off and move forward to take them on again!

Enjoy your day! Here’s to expanding and exploring newly regardless what your age may be!!!

View Cecelia's work at https://ceceliacatherinerappaportcontemporaryart.com

No comments:

Post a Comment