Thursday, January 11, 2018

Mixed Media Abstracted Tree Collage, "Scarlet Trees" by Colorado Mixed Media Abstract Artist Carol Nelson

"Scarlett Trees," mixed media collage by Carol Nelson

This painting was a demo in my recent workshop at Dillman's Resort in Wisconsin. When I was painting it in class, the reds were a little "pinkier".

 When I got home, I wanted to kick that red up to an orange-red - the color of my first Mustang. How I loved the color of that car!

I didn't have to paint it over though.

I just took out my miracle color, Golden's Quinacridone Nickel Azo Gold, and put a thin layer of that over the whole painting. I wiped off some where the green and blue colors are. That's it!

 I just love the colors after that glaze of Nickel Azo. There is also that red/green thing going on, so it's extra vibrant.

 For more information about this painting, click here to go to my website.

 10"x10"x1.0" Mixed Media on Panel

  Click HERE for more info on this piece.

  View more of my work at http://carolnelsonfineart.com

  Learn about my special Canvas Minis HERE

  Sign up for my quarterly newsletter HERE

  View my WORKSHOP SCHEDULE  Here

 ======================================

Check out my Video.

"New Approaches to Mixed Media Materials,"

If you want to see what all the hoopla is about, click this link:

www.craftsy.com/ext/CarolNelson_10658_D






No comments:

Post a Comment