Sunday, September 20, 2020

Large Abstract Painting, Mixed Media, Contemporary Art "Where the River Meets the Sea" by Santa Fe Contemporary Artist Sandra Duran Wilson



Mixed Media and gold leaf. This painting has been with me for a very long time. It even makes an appearance in my artist video on the home page. I have always loved it, but I knew it wasn't finished and that it needed a few more touches, so I lived with it. I recently put it in my office, leaning on top of my bookcases. I placed a sculpture I made in front of it. As I looked at it this way, I knew what it needed. I created a piece of patinaed fabric and metal as the addition and now it is finished. The title comes from my writings about how an individual is like a raindrop that falls from the clouds onto the land. The raindrop begins its search to reunite with its source, the sea. The water finds its way into the river and eventually flows into the sea. Over the course of the journey it may evaporate and become a raindrop many times. Just as you reinvent yourself many times over the course of your life. The painting may hang either vertical or horizontal and the image wraps around the sides.


 60"x40"x1" Mixed Media on Canvas/Available

$6000

Click HERE for more information.

Check out my new FREE VIDEO SERIES on my YouTube channel HERE

Click HERE to learn about my upcoming WORKSHOPS!!

Click HERE to sign up for my newsletter.

 Visit http://sandraduranwilson.com to view more of my work.

Learn about my available Books and DVD's HERE

Follow me on Facebook HERE
Follow me on Instagram HERE
Follow me on Pinterest HERE

My BOOK Awakening Your Creative Soul is available HERE

Learn about my ONLINE COURSE HERE

 A 52 Week Course to Artistic Discovery.......

No comments:

Post a Comment